We are proud of our students and want them to be proud to belong to our Academy. Our Academy Uniform and Rules for Appearance is clear and simple and..... strictly enforced.
The Academy uniform supplier has recently changed to Hewitt's of Croydon. You can order and purchase items from Hewitt's in one of the following ways:
1) Visit the store at:
C. Hewitt and Son Ltd
45-51 Church Street
2) Click on the link which will take you to the Hewitt's website where you will be able to order items online with either free click and collect or next day delivery.
If you have any queries please contact Hewitt's directly:
Opening Times: Monday - Saturday, 9.30am - 6pm
- Black blazer with academy badge
- White shirt with top button
- Academy tie (Green - Y7, Y8, Blue - Y9 ,Y10, Black - Y11)
- Black formal shoes that can be polished
- Black knee length skirt or black tailored trousers for girls
- Black tailored trousers for boys
- Black or white socks
- Neutral tights
- School bag (waterproof, large enough to hold both text and exercise books - no drawstring bags)
- Optional: Black V-neck academy jumper and black rain coat.
In the summer months students will be permitted to wear knee length grey shorts.
Plain black or white religious head coverings are optional.
- Navy academy polo shirt
- Navy academy shorts
- Academy socks (long) and short white socks
- Multi sports top
- Trainers - laced (non marking) and football boots
- Shin pads, gum shields
- Optional: Track-suit top/bottoms, white base layer with Oasis logo
Rules concerning appearance
Rules concerning appearance
- No make up
- No jewellery is to be worn (with the exception of a wrist watch)
- Any items of jewellery will be confiscated and stored in the school safe until a parent can collect it.
- Every article of uniform must be marked with the student’s name
- Each student must be responsible for his/her own clothing
- Clothing must not be left in school overnight
- Coats should be plain black of navy blue only
- Outdoor wear must not be worn inside the Academy building
- No hooded tops or bandanas are to be brought into the Academy
- Nail varnish and/or fake nails are not allowed
- Trainers may only be worn for P.E. and break time
- Headscarves should be plain blue or black.
- Hair must be appropriate for the Academy, presentable and safe. The following applies: a) Long hair should be tied back with a plain black, navy blue or green hair band. b) Hair must not be dyed in anyway other than natural hair colours. Coloured streaks in hair is not permissible. c) Hair must not be shaved below a 2 grade. d) Tracks, tramlines, designs, Mohawks or steps are not allowed. e) Tracks or lines are not to be shaved into eyebrows
To ensure everyone’s safety in the Academy, certain items are not permitted:
- Chewing gum (this causes huge damage to furniture and fittings and carries a risk of choking )
- Glass bottles
- Permanent marker pens
- Aerosol cans including aerosol deodorant (use of aerosols can induce asthma attacks if sprayed near sufferers. Please use roll-on if required)
- I-pods, MP3s and stereos (the Academy is not responsible for the loss of such items and is not insured against such loss) o Large amounts of money
- Expensive items (such as PSPs)
- Cigarettes, matches and lighters
- Energy drinks– large bottles/large fruit juice and carbonated drinks
- Any item which is potentially harmful to any member of the Academy community
We appreciate that some parents wish their children to have mobile phones as a means of communication in an emergency. However, it is clear from local and national crime figures that the violent theft of mobile phones is a growing and serious threat to children’s safety. If your child brings a phone to the Academy, it must be kept out of sight and switched off at all times.
Mobile phones used in the Academy or going off in lessons will be confiscated. All items confiscated must be collected by a parent/carer; they will not be returned to the student. Persistent offenders will have items confiscated for longer periods.
The Academy will take no responsibility for any of these items and, if they are lost or stolen, valuable teaching and learning time will not be sacrificed to recover them.