Each year students, staff, and parents at Oasis Academy Coulsdon perform little acts of kindness within our community to spread some Christmas cheer. At the end of a very challenging term for our family at OAC following the loss of two members of our student body, we wanted to make sure that our Christmas Miracles were still celebrated in some way.
The Christmas Miracles project is lead by Year 10 students, and we are pleased to announce the miracles they achieved this festive season:
- 200 Christmas cards delivered to our neighbours
- A visit to our local nursery as Father Christmas and his elves to deliver gifts to the children and play games with them
- 8 crates of food collected for Purley Food Hub
- £258 raised from Christmas Jumper Day which will be shared between Save the Children and Cardiac Risk in the Young (CRY) in memory of Summer
- £543.46 raised for Crisis at Christmas which will fund 18 places for those who are homeless this Christmas
- £472 raised for East Surrey Hospital Children’s Ward
As always, we are blown away by the generosity of everyone who got involved to support these very worthy causes this year; it will all go a long way to support those most in need and spread a little Christmas light and magic into the darkest of corners.